So for this Halloween, I knew I just had to bake something good for my pups. I decided I wanted pumpkin to be the star ingredient, and just built this recipe around that. So if you’re interested in finding out how to make these yummy Halloween cookies for your pooch, read on!
- 1 Whole Butternut Pumpkin (mashed)
- 1/4 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup of Rolled Oats
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Scooby Snacks
- Boil pumpkin and cinnamon sticks in hot water on stove for 10 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted. Drain pumpkin in a colander to remove excess water and remove cinnamon sticks. Mash pumpkin until smooth.
2. Allow mash to cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a mixing bowl. Once cooled, stir in the peanut butter and cinnamon. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix together until a dough texture forms.
3. Taking small handfuls, roll the mix into small balls and place on a pre-greased baking tray.
4. For each dough ball, press a Scooby Snack onto the top. The ball should flatten into a thick cookie. Place the cookies in the oven for 30 minutes at 180C.
5. Allow cookies to cool to room temperature before serving. Enjoy the finished product and happy eating!
Love Zac, Lucy and Laura xx